Low Carb Sugar Free Pecan Praline Cream Cheese King Cake

 It's that the of year here on the Gulf Coast.... That's right! Mardi Gras season has begun. But this year it looks a little bit...no ALOT different.

While the parades may be cancelled, King Cakes definitely are Not!

I love a good, rich, sweet king cake filled with cream cheese filling. But this year, sugar and carbs are out the door! I had gastric bypass surgery 3/9/2020 and I am currently 113 pounds down ⬇️! And while I cannot indulge in the sugary, carb filled confection that we are used to down here, I thought I would come up with a version of my own. (Except it may need a little tweaking!) 

I am going to write up my recipe shortly, so check back in soon. 

But here's a sneak peak just to tempt your taste buds. And yep, it's not shaped in the traditional  round or oval shape we all have come to know and love. After all, it's 2021 and anything goes! The rules are, well, they just don't exist! 




Rich, decadent, cream cheese and pecan praline filled, topped with Swerve granulated sugar, dyed in traditional Mardi Gras colors and creamy, cinnamon cream cheese icing! It's so yummy, you'll want to go back for seconds! 

Recipe Coming Soon!

Comments

Popular Posts